Senior Software Engineer
Kava Labs is looking for a senior software engineer for the Kava DeFi Platform, Kava's blockchain solution enabling decentralized stable coins, bonds, and lending for crypto users.
You will be directly developing and deploying on a platform that is worth $50M+ and working to have $100M+ assets under management by the software. You will work alongside a team of world class crypto experts, and take ownership of an open source project that will transfer millions of dollars in assets and provide the financial primitives for the next evolution in crypto. You will have a huge impact on product and technology development, and help set the standards of our engineering team as we grow. Everything we write is open-source and the SDK is in Go (github).
What You Will Do.
- Be a technical leader and valued contributor to product planning
- Design and implement portions of the Kava codebase using the Cosmos SDK framework
- Work with the Kava Labs team to triage issues and move the project forward
- Research, design, and implement well tested improvements to the existing codebase
- Review pull requests and provide valuable feedback to members of the team and open source contributors
You have strong problem solving skills and a willingness to dig into the weeds of difficult engineering problems to find novel solutions.
Who You Are.
- Ideally you've done 2+ professional Go projects
- Otherwise, the expectation is day-1 you're ready to Go 🤓. To screen for this, you have 3+ professional projects in other statically typed languages such as TypeScript, C, C++, Rust, etc (for modern web-app infrastructure)
- You have actively managed process for a team of engineers, you’re not just a strong individual contributor.
- Open source experience is a plus
- Can obtain mastery in obscure technologies, worked on projects in 2 different fields is a plus
- You have a deep understanding of system design and engineering best practices
- You care about quality and you know what it means to ship high quality code.
- You should have a burning passion to create and are ready to build new things in a growing team focused on execution in a hustle environment.
- You love working in an environment where you are constantly experimenting and iterating quickly
- You have a strong interest in blockchains and decentralized technologies. A willingness to learn is a must.
What We Offer.
- 🤩The chance to work in a fast-paced start-up environment with experienced industry leaders
- 🎓A learning environment where you can dive deep into the latest technologies and make an impact
- 💰Competitive salary
- 📈Competitive stock options
- 🤫Options for KAVA tokens
- 💪Gym Membership
- 🏝Flexible vacation policy - work with your manager to take time off when you need it
- 👩⚕️100% paid medical, dental and vision insurance for employees
- 👵401k (with match)
About Kava Labs.
Kava Labs is a venture-backed, profitable start-up business with multi-year runway. It is the creator of the Kava DeFi Platform, a blockchain solution providing DeFi services such as stable coins, bonds, and lending to crypto users across many blockchain networks.
Kava Labs is backed by leading investors in the blockchain space including Ripple, Digital Asset Fund, Arrington Capital, LemnisCap, Coil Technologies, 2020 VC, Hard Yaka, UniValues Associates, and Robot Ventures.